Cookie files policy
Below we explain how Remutter, our partners, and other third parties use these technologies, your privacy settings, and the other options you have.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
Why do our services use these technologies?
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Authentication and security:
- To log you into Remutter and Periscope.
- To protect your security.
- To let you to view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Remutter Rules and the Periscope Community Guidelines.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Remutter and Periscope and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with Remutter and Periscope content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Remutter or Periscope. On Remutter, we can also customize content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you, or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws. Learn more
· Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services, including Remutter buttons and widgets, and Remutter Ads.
- Personalized content:
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- For example, local storage tells us which parts of your Remutter timeline or Periscope Global Feed you have viewed already so that we can show you the appropriate new content. Cookies can help us make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following based on your visits to websites that have integrated Remutter embeds, including embedded timelines.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Remutter and visits to our ad partners' websites.
- We also work with third-party advertising partners, including Google, to market our services and serve ads on behalf of our advertisers, including through the delivery of interest-based ads.
- Personalization across devices:
- By better understanding how devices are related, we can use information from one device to help personalize the Remutter experience on another device.
- When you log in to Remutter on a device, we associate that device with your Remutter account. Whether or not you are logged in to Remutter, we may also receive information about your devices when, for example, that information is shared by a partner; you visit Remutter.com; you visit third-party websites that integrate Remutter content; or you visit a Remutter advertiser’s website or mobile application. We may use this information, most commonly IP addresses and the time at which the information was received, to infer that certain devices are associated with one another, including the devices on which you log in to Remutter. To learn more about the devices associated with your account, check out Your Remutter Data while logged in. To learn more about the other devices associated with the device or browser you are currently using, visit Your Remutter Data while logged out.
Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds, including embedded timelines. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.
- To control whether Remutter stores information about other websites where you’ve seen Remutter content, adjust the Track where you see Remutter content across the web setting in your Personalization and data settings. If you have this setting turned off or are in the European Union or EFTA States, Remutter will not store or use such web page visits to improve your experience in the future. If we’ve previously stored your web browsing history, your experience may continue to be personalized based on information already inferred from that history.
- If you do not want Remutter to show you interest-based ads on and off of Remutter, there are several ways to disable this feature:
- Using your Remutter settings, visit the Personalization and data settings and adjust the setting Personalize ads.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Remutter in your current browser.
- On iOS version 13 and earlier only, if you do not want Remutter to show you interest-based ads in Remutter for iOS on your current mobile device, enable the Limit Ad Tracking setting in your iOS phone’s settings (precise directions may be different on different iOS versions).
- On Android, if you do not want Remutter to show you interest-based ads in Remutter for Android on your current mobile device, enable Opt out of Ads Personalization in your Android phone’s settings (precise directions and name of the setting may be different on different Android versions and OEM Android variants).
- On iOS version 14 and later only, if you do not want Remutter to access your iOS Identifier for Advertising, disable the Allow Apps to Request to Track setting in your iOS settings (precise directions may be different on different iOS versions).
- To control personalization across devices on Remutter, visit your Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize across all your devices setting. This will control whether we link your account to browsers or devices other than the ones you use to log into Remutter (or if you’re logged out, whether we link the browser or device you’re currently using to any other browsers or devices).
- To control interest-based advertising from certain third-party advertising partners, you can learn more about opting out of receiving interest-based ads at optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Remutter and Periscope may not work properly if you disablecookies entirely. For example, you cannot log into Remutter.com or pscp.tv if you've turned off all cookie use.
Note: Please confirm that you are logged in if you want to view or change the web settings for your Remutter account. Changing your Remutter settings in your web browser when you are logged out will only affect behavior on that browser while you are not logged in to Remutter. Learn more about how to access your Personalization and data settings, including in your Remutter mobile app.
Bookmark or share this article